Happy freakin’ Friday! Hope your week went just swell. In case you were robbed of the pleasure of mountains of snow falling on your home or car, here are a couple shots of my car and street from 7:30 this morning. Brrrrr.
In other news, since Friday is traditionally the day of link sharing in the land of the internet, I’m aiming to join in by sharing some fun book and reading related links. Just things I’ve happened upon during the week that I found interesting/enjoyable and maybe you will too.
(Barring, of course, any circumstances outside my control, like snowmageddon*, my obsessive watching of My 600 lb. Life**, or you know actual life happenings***.)
So, without further ado…
- Omg, the widowed spouses of the When Breath Becomes Air and The Bright Hour authors are together now! – I didn’t read either of these books, but I’m all emotional about it.
- I Hosted a Book Swap and it Restored My Hope in Humanity – By a Book Riot writer who, like me, feels at times like “the whole world is a hopeless dumpster fire.”
- Heard an interview on NPR this morning with the author of that 10% Happier book, which I didn’t read. He has a new book on meditation with a great title: Meditation for Fidgety Skeptics. I will probably skim it, get really gung ho about meditating for about two days, then go back to forgetting to meditate as per usual.
- Twenty-three highly anticipated books of 2018 if you’re into that sort of thing. Including a new one by the author of The Nightingale (all the wars!).
- Kids’ books: Old, but I enjoyed Elizabeth Bird’s review of The First Rule of Punk by Cecilia C. Perez.
- The big problem with Little Women puts some history of the book in perspective.
Have a great weekend!
*Kind of low-key happening right now, actually, as we accumulate several inches each night.
** Can’t. Look. Away.
***Unlikely, as I am both recovering from the flu and hibernating due to aforementioned snowmageddon.