Annnd, I took the day off. God bless America and good benefits. This workweek was tough, friends, but look—we made it.
Now, how about some links?
- You’ve probably heard that Ursula K. Le Guin died. RIP, Auntie.
- A list of favorites from Babbling Books; I love to see what people’s faves are and why.
- The Books That Got Me Through 18 Years of Wrongful Incarceration – Heavy story, great books
- I just discovered the Crime Fiction Lover website. I’m not necessarily a lover, but I really enjoy plumbing the depths of a genre and they have great reviews. Here’s a link to their recommendations. They also have a fun newsletter called, I’m delighted to report, “The Rap Sheet.”
- Is it me or is the number one book on this list just smashing together the plots of Rear Window and The Girl on the Train?
- One of my favorite reviewers, Sarah Cords, on why she reads true crime
So, what are you reading this weekend? I’m kind of trudging my way through Evelina (which I’ll probably count for my classics challenge). I know it’s an 18th-century novel and I’ve made allowances for the flowery language, but man am I getting bogged down. Evelina is delightful and I really do want to find out what happens. The thing is, I have 11 books checked out from the library that I want to get to…
How about you?