Heeey-ay…I’ve barely had time to read any book news this week, which hurts my heart. But I’ve got a few links for ya’ anyway. What’s everybody reading this weekend? I’m working on Yellow Crocus (historical fiction) and How to Read a Dress—a history of the dress, essentially, and I am geeking out over it.
On to the links!
- The blogoshpere is all abuzz with the Tournament of Books, which I’ve never really followed before. I may this year but not many of the selections interest me, tbh. How about you? Any of these on your TBR? And should I read The Animators? I can’t decide.
- A fun piece on Hilary Mantel. I’ve only read Wolf Hall, which I didn’t love. I need to pick up some of her other stuff.
- Have you read The Alienist? If so, are you watching it?
- Why are we still talking about this yahoo? Also, lol to this quote: One local LGBTQ rights activist told the newspaper that the book should be renamed Kim Davis’ Cost to Kentucky Taxpayers, pointing to the reported $222,695 in legal fees from the clerk’s case.
- Ok, I’ve really petered out here….
Poor showing on the links today. I hope everyone has a lovely weekend. I def need one.